The HUB is part of the school’s ‘Every Child Matters’ provision at Parson Street.
It provides a welcoming, safe environment for children to learn more about themselves, to develop and grow.
Through the Hub, children have access to a range of provision including:
- 1:1 mentoring
- Children can access 1:1 support in order to share worries, discuss problems and share concerns about home or school
- Behaviour support
- Children are supported to engage in a solution-focused approach, working with a Pastoral TA to identify triggers and discuss and plan responses which will enable them to make positive changes to their behaviour
- Social groups
- ELSA resources are used in order to develop children’s emotional literacy. Pupils facing specific issues such as low self-esteem or managing strong emotions have the opportunity to work in a focused group alongside other pupils who act as role-models in order to gain better awareness of these issues and to move on in their thinking
- Therapeutic play sessions
- Children have the opportunity to explore their emotions and work out their feelings through the medium of play in this intensive therapeutic approach.
- Nurture Groups
- Children have the opportunity to be further supported in their social and emotional development, carrying out structured activities designed to target specific skills in a nurturing environment where positive relationships are key and routines are consistent.
- Children who face more troubling issues which require specialist support are given the opportunity to receive creative play sessions to outwork these tricky feelings.
- HUB club
- For some of our children, the playground can seem like a large, frightening place. HUB club provides a 'safe space' where children can play indoors in a supportive and friendly environment. They have the chance to talk to an adult if needed, are supported to build friendships and can choose to simply spend time alone.
Worried about your child's behaviour or emotional wellbeing and not sure what's 'normal' ? HappyMaps is a new website which is designed to provide parents and carers with reliable and up-to-date emotional health resources for their children. The site will signpost you to books, websites, counselling services and parents groups so you can find advice and support for you and your child.