Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND)
At Parson Street Primary School we are committed to creating an environment where all pupils can thrive and develop. We work in partnership with parents/carers and other agencies to provide appropriate support for our pupils so that they can fulfil their potential. Our 'Local Offer' is outlined in the document attached.
If you would like to discuss the needs of your child or have questions or concerns, please get in touch with our SENDCo - Mrs Catherine Brown or Assistant SENDCo - Ms Hannah Biddlecombe, who can be contacted via the office or by emailing:
Information about SEND and the support available from the Local Authority, please visit:
This page includes information about Bristol Local Authority's Written Statement of Action following their Ofsted inspection in 2019:
Parents & Carers
- To contact a member of the Bristol Autism Team please see details here.
- Association of Young People with ME - a chance for young people confined to home by ME to have online friends and discussions and to find out about their condition. http://www.ayme.org.uk/
- Autism Oxford – raising awareness of autism with frequent conferences and talks accessible online. http://www.autismoxford.org.uk/
- Bristol Parents/Carers http://www.bristolparentcarers.org.uk/ A local support group whom meet regularly.
- British Dyslexia Association http://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/ a useful website with information about dyslexia, assessment and identification, exam concessions etc.
- Health Talk Online http://www.healthtalk.org/ a useful website which can give you information about particular issues facing parents of children and young people with autism such as getting a diagnosis to dealing with puberty.
- Mastering Memory http://www.masteringmemory.co.uk/ Boosting working memory programs for children 2-11 or 11-adult
- National Network for Parents and Carers http://www.nnpcf.org.uk/ This forum is funded by the government and provides support and an opportunity to link with other parents or carers.
- Sense https://www.sense.org.uk/ An association that supports the deaf/blind.
- Young Minds http://www.youngminds.org.uk/ a national charity committed to improving the mental health of all children, advice about depression, eating disorders, and other mental health issues affecting children, see website for details.
- Preparing for Adulthood http://preparingforadulthood.org.uk/
Other services available in Bristol -