The HUB is part of the school’s ‘Every Child Matters’ provision at Parson Street.
It provides a welcoming, safe environment for children to learn more about themselves, to develop and grow.
Through the Hub, children have access to a range of provision including:
- 1:1 mentoring
- Children can access 1:1 support in order to share worries, discuss problems and share concerns about home or school
- Behaviour support
- Children are supported to engage in a solution-focused approach, working with a Pastoral TA to identify triggers and discuss and plan responses which will enable them to make positive changes to their behaviour
- Social groups
- ELSA resources are used in order to develop children’s emotional literacy. Pupils facing specific issues such as low self-esteem or managing strong emotions have the opportunity to work in a focused group alongside other pupils who act as role-models in order to gain better awareness of these issues and to move on in their thinking
- Therapeutic play sessions
- Children have the opportunity to explore their emotions and work out their feelings through the medium of play in this intensive therapeutic approach.
- Nurture Groups
- Children have the opportunity to be further supported in their social and emotional development, carrying out structured activities designed to target specific skills in a nurturing environment where positive relationships are key and routines are consistent.
- Children who face more troubling issues which require specialist support are given the opportunity to meet with our Counsellor Kate Pickard
- HUB club
- For some of our children, the playground can seem like a large, frightening place. HUB club provides a 'safe space' where children can play indoors in a supportive and friendly environment. They have the chance to talk to an adult if needed, are supported to build friendships and can choose to simply spend time alone.